Senior Feed Balancer includes the scientifically recommended rate of glucosamine in a daily quantity of feed to help maintain mobility. This rate is 10 grams of glucosamine/500kg horse/day.
Senior Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ feed that contains several supplements which provide the levels of micronutrients and digestive aids normally only found in high quality specialised supplements. When Senior Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore no need to add any further supplements.
Feeding Senior Feed Balancer helps to maintain muscle development, topline and condition, these often start to decline as horses' age.
It is also beneficial for elderly horses suffering from stress e.g. during changes in routine, given less than ideal turnout time, losing a companion, recovering from illness, after worming and during or after a course of antibiotics.
Senior Feed Balancer contains the following features: -
- Optimum levels of all the micronutrients needed to balance feed and improve its utilisation.
- Constructive levels of amino acids, complex carbohydrates, anti-oxidants, glucosamine and MSM to help maintain healthy joints.
- A highly available source of vitamin C to help maintain healthy lung tissues. Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium to act as anti-oxidants (neutralizing the harmful presence of excess free radicals which may speed the ageing process) together with high quality protein, optimise muscle development and function.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium to act as anti-oxidants (neutralizing the harmful presence of excess free radicals which may speed the ageing process) together with high quality protein, optimise muscle development and function.
- Two advanced yeast products to help fibre digestion and maintain a healthy immune system.
- Scientifically proven levels of biotin, plus associated nutrients, to greatly improve hoof quality. These micronutrients also promote a supple skin and a shiny coat.
- Generous levels of B vitamins to compensate for decreased production in the hindgut when fibre intake is limited.
- Organic chelated minerals for improved availability.
- Effective levels of protein, vitamins, minerals and trace elements to maintain strong bone.
- Many factors to help calm responsive horses.
- Good quality protein.
Senior Feed Balancer is formulated without cereal grains and provides only low levels of sugar and starch. It is important to keep the starch intake of elderly horses low when fibre intake is compromised, in order to maintain healthy hindgut function and avoid loose droppings.
Senior Feed Balancer is available in 15kg sacks, which last a 500kg horse for 30 days or a 250kg pony for 60 days.